Fantastic Air Source Heat Pump Installation!
Apple Tree Day Nursery were referred to Flixborough Eco Technologies through a local organisation. Managing Director, Giles, visited the site to complete an initial survey and discussed how renewables can assist in future proofing their business. When Stuart attended the nursery to complete a high-level site survey, the nursery used a range of fan heaters to heat the air. These were running at only 40% efficiency, which was extremely unsustainable for the nursery.
To replace this, Giles designed and quoted for the installation of a 16Kw Daikin Altherma High Temperature Split. The Air Source Heat Pump installation is now working at an impressive efficiency of 304%, which has reduced Apple Tree Nursery’s energy bills significantly.
As an MCS accredited renewable heating system, the Daikin Altherma HT Split air-to-water heat pump is eligible for funding from the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Scheme, which Apple Tree Day Nursery will be claiming, if the heating water flow temperature is 65°C or less.
Ideal for refurbishment projects, the Daikin Altherma HT Split system heats water up to 80°C, so it will work with existing radiators – meaning less installation cost and disruption.
Benefits of the Altherma HT split:
- Highly efficient CoPs of over 3 when producing high temperature hot water.
- Water flow temperature of up to 80oc can be produced without an additional electrical heater.
- Key hydraulic components including circulation pump and expansion vessel already included within the indoor unit.
- Fast hot water cylinder recovery times.
- Hot water cylinder can be stacked on top of the indoor unit, thus saving space.
- MCS accredited.
- Outdoor unit can be sited up to 50m away from the outdoor unit.