About Energy Management
Energy management is the use of technology and behavioural change to improve the energy performance of an organisation. To be fully effective it needs to be an integral part of an organisation’s wider management processes – and any corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy.
The management of energy is often neglected, even though there is considerable potential to save energy and reduce costs. Rising energy prices, climate change legislation and the need to be environmentally responsible all require effective energy management.
Why do it?
- Reduced energy bills
- Reputational advantage over competitors
- Green credentials
- Resilience to energy price increase
- Reduce greenhouse gases
- Employee engagement and respect
Reduce, reduce, reduce…
- Reduce costs – this is becoming increasingly important as energy costs rise.
- Reduce carbon emissions – the greater proportion of energy consume the greater the environmental damage, reduce energy equal reduced carbon taxes. This also promotes a sustainable image.
- Reduce risk – the more energy you consume as a business or homeowner, the greater risk you are at forced by energy price increase.
There are five primary keys to success…
- A driven individual:
This individual is responsible with convincing an organisations senior management that energy management hold significant savings to the business. The most successful method of this is buy working with an existing member of senior management who is already bought into the scheme.
- Senior Management Commitment:
This commitment can and should form the main driving force towards an energy efficient business. With out this support and leadership policies and strategies have to constantly be sold to the senior management team.
- An Energy Policy:
An energy policy is a document signed off by senior management as way of a commitment to energy management and an outline of subsequent focus areas. This should only be a couple of pages outlining the organisations intension’s.
- An Energy Strategy:
This forms the delivery mechanism of energy management. This document is a dynamic and chronological plan which guides you to your desired target. It will include current status, identification of specific focus areas and delivery mechanisms.
- The Expert:
This is the service provided by ourselves to guide through all the process from the first thoughts of energy management through to a fully operational plan.